Director of Operations
New Orleans Boulder Lounge (NOBL) seeks a dedicated and driven Director of Operations to oversee its business functions. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with demonstrated business acumen and a commitment to fostering community partnerships.
NOBL is the only indoor rock climbing destination in the greater New Orleans area. We opened in August 2015 and were immediately embraced by an overwhelmingly enthusiastic community of climbers. Since that time we have had over 1,000 members and over 20,000 individual guests. Last year, we moved to a new facility on St. Claude Ave and have continued to develop a unique climbing community unlike any other. We are now looking to bring on new leadership with renewed vision for our next chapter of growth.
NOBL is a unique work environment that allows you to bring your personal style and values to your professional setting, have a career in an active and fun place, work with enthusiastic and caring coworkers and employees, and help to create a space that truly brings health and enjoyment to the community.
This is the top position at NOBL, full-time salaried, with opportunity to earn performance bonuses and ownership equity.
In hiring for this position, we’re looking for someone with the following skill sets and characteristics:
More than anything else, this job is focused on running a business. This includes, but is not limited to, monitoring accounts and ensuring timely payments (accounts payable and receivable), tracking financial performance via Quickbooks, dealing with vendors and placing orders, updating administrative documents (legal and HR), ensuring facility maintenance and upkeep, and managing employees.
This position is responsible for overseeing several other management level employees as well as all staff members. The ideal candidate is able to monitor performance of management and staff, offer critical feedback when needed, and lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of workplace systems to increase effectiveness and efficiency in job performance of all employees.
Leadership and Vision
As a small, young business, NOBL is constantly faced with decisions on how to grow. With support from ownership, the person in this role should feel comfortable making critical decisions on how to achieve successful growth for both the business and the community, and there is ample room for growth in both areas.
The success of New Orleans Boulder Lounge as a business and organization is built on a strong foundation of community. As Director of Operations, you will be critical to helping our community grow and flourish. The ideal candidate will be dedicated to furthering efforts of equity and inclusion to create a diverse NOBL community that better represents the New Orleans community at large. This work involves supporting community partners and programs, creating increased access and programming for youth, and a commitment to lowering barriers of intimidation and access to create a welcoming, positive space for all.
- Proficiency with Quickbooks Pro
- Experience with budgets / P&L management, staff management, customer service, gym operations, large event coordination, strategic planning, and marketing
- Experience with Excel and Google Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience with Rock Gym Pro software preferred
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work independently
- Background in climbing and/or fitness related industry preferred
- Flexible schedule, ability to work evenings/weekends/special events
Environmental and Physical Demands:
- Comfortable working in a loud, dusty environment on a regular basis
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Frequently required to sit; able to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
Interested in applying or learning more? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an introduction about yourself, your resume, and/or any questions. Applications accepted until December 1, 2018.